SRH Week is a promotional and social media campaign designed to help raise awareness around sexual and reproductive health and highlight resources developed to help improve community health.
This year, the campaign will focus on the intersections between mental health and sexual health, and all the complex ways in which sexual and mental wellness are connected. To this end, we are creating a campaign titled Mind Your “Business” to foster further dialogue around how these two important aspects of health interconnect.
This is important because:
- In all aspects of our lives, we deserve to be treated as complex full individuals. This means recognizing mental and sexual/reproductive health and wellness as integral to our overall well-being.
- Mental health and sexual/reproductive health are both important parts of our overall health and do not exist in silos. There is a significant amount of research supporting the many links between mental and sexual/reproductive health.
- We are entitled to positive and affirming health care that routinely and proactively meets our mental health and sexual/reproductive health needs and all the ways in which they connect.
The campaign will run from February 12th until February 16th, 2018 and will feature:
- A series of blogposts written by community-based organizations whose work centres on mental and sexual/reproductive health;
- A resource for health care providers on how to provide care that acknowledges the relationships between mental and sexual wellness in a non-stigmatizing and comprehensive way;
- A podcast with a health care provider and client discussing what comprehensive and non-stigmatizing mental and sexual/reproductive health care can and should look like;
- A poster designed by Montreal artist Edith Boucher;
- A webinar for health care providers and advocates about the 2018 campaign, why it’s important and how to get involved.
All materials will go live on www.srhweek.ca on February 12, 2018. 2018 Posters will be mailed out before the holidays. If you haven’t received free posters in previous years, but would like to, please fill out this short order form.